Our office meets people who are struggling to find an efficient cure for bad breath, every day. We realize that perpetual awful breath, or halitosis as it is medically known, is an embarrassing, humiliating, and socially uncomfortable condition that affects more than half of the population.
Our patients regularly let us know they have attempted each conceivable breath cure to remove the terrible smell yet never appear to get any relief. At the Paul L Gregory DDS Dental Office, our team of highly competent fresh breath consultants are entirely compassionate to your circumstance and will work with you to analyze the wellspring of your bad breath. We will teach and bolster you at all times as you comprehend your condition and how best to treat your halitosis. Best of all, we ensure a bad breath cure if our suggestions are taken after.
Halitosis home remedies that may work depending on each case:
- Regular dental examinations and professional gum maintenance. For most, this will be every six months.
- Brush twice daily and floss once a day
- Use a specialized tongue cleaner daily
- Remain hydrated throughout the day with water
- Avoid liquids that dry the mouth out such as coffee, alcohol, and mouthwash containing alcohol
- Minimize dairy intake
- Manage mucous build up by using a daily sinus flush
- Avoid foods that create an odor – garlic, coffee, cheese are some good examples
- Chew gum for 5 minutes after you eat
If these home remedies still do not work, don't hesitate to call us at (212) 826-0505. We can help you!