Veneers are thin shells of durable high-quality porcelain that are delicately fused to the outside surface of the teeth. Veneers are used to enhance and change the color of teeth while protecting the chipped, broken or corroded teeth from any future damage.
Composite resin or better known as composite veneers is a tooth-colored filling material that may be used to form dental veneers.
Porcelain veneers are a very successful option in many situations where the original tooth has developed poor color, shape, and contours. It is also a good choice for fractured teeth, gaps between teeth, and in some situations where the tooth position is compromised, and there are minor bite-related problems. For some people, superficial stains do not respond well to tooth whitening or bleaching. In these situations, a porcelain veneer may be the best option.
Veneers have many different advantages on both teeth and mouth, however, they are manly used for:
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Corroded teeth
- Spaces between teeth
- Gummy smile for contouring the gum and extending the teeth
- Minor orthodontic treatments for when the teeth are uneven and in need of a fast solution, (we do always advice orthodontic consultation before proceeding with this solution)
- Since veneers are individually sculpted for each patient, it is nearly impossible to tell the difference between a veneer and a natural tooth. Unlike natural teeth, custom-made veneers resist coffee and tea stains, and cigarette smoke because they are made of high-tech materials.
- With veneers—as opposed to crowns—your natural teeth remain largely intact with only a minimal amount being altered to fit the veneer.
- For teeth that resist whitening, veneers can make even the darkest teeth appear bright white.
Contact us today to learn more about veneers and get that Hollywood smile you always wanted!