Dental Veneers are thin shell-like objects made from either porcelain or composite resin materials that are bonded to the front surface of the tooth to cover imperfections and improve appearance. Other than natural looking (they mimic the light reflecting properties of original teeth), these porcelain restorations also resist stains better. At Paul L. Gregory DDS, we help improve the appearance of every patient’s smile with our porcelain veneers in Manhattan, New York.
Uses of Porcelain Veneers
- Covers severe stains and discoloration that do not respond to teeth whitening
- Restore and enhance the structure and shape of a worn down tooth
- Conceal and protect chipped or cracked tooth
- Correct misalignments, oddly shaped, and uneven teeth
- Close gaps in between teeth
- The first step in the procedure is the formulation of the treatment plan. The dentist will examine the patient’s teeth to determine if veneers are appropriate.
- The tooth will be prepared by removing a small part of the enamel to give room for the placement of the veneers.
- An impression of the tooth is taken and sent out to the off-site laboratory that will create the veneers.
- The permanent veneer usually takes 2-4 weeks to finish. While waiting for the permanent placement, a temporary veneer will be used to cover the tooth to protect the exposed surface.
- Once the permanent veneer is complete, it will be bonded to the tooth properly to ensure the fit and color. The dentist will repeatedly remove and trim the veneer until the desired result is achieved.
- Before placing the veneer, the tooth will be cleaned and polished. An etching solution is also applied to roughen the tooth’s surface for the adhesive to properly bond with the tooth and veneer.
- The chemicals in the cement solution are then activated by a special light to harden and secure the veneer to the tooth that is treated.
- Final adjustments will be made by the dentist if necessary to ensure it’s proper fitting and bonding to avoid other dental complications.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Veneers do not require extensive removal of tooth structure.
- Provides a natural looking appearance
- Durable and can last longer with proper care
- No recovery needed after the treatment
- Quick and simple procedure
- Improves confidence
Bring out your wonderful smile with Dental Veneers in Manhattan, NY. Book your appointments with Paul L. Gregory DDS. We are located 57 West 57th Street Suite #804, New York, NY 10019.